Erieside Church on the Boulevard Statement of Faith
1. The Bible - We believe the Bible to be the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
2. The Godhead - We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. The Fall and Depravity of Man - We believe that man, originally created in the image of God, fell from his state of innocence, becoming subject to the punishment of death. We believe that spiritual death has been transmitted to the entire race of man, that every child of Adam, the man Jesus Christ excepted, is born into the world with a sinful nature.
4. Salvation - We believe that for the Salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. We believe that our redemption has been accomplished solely by the blood of Jesus Christ, who was made to be man, and died in our place for our sins, a sacrifice acceptable to God for every sinner who receives Him. We believe sinners are saved by grace through faith alone. We believe it is the privilege of all those born again to have the security and assurance of their salvation.
5. The Person of Christ - We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, His sacrificial death, His bodily resurrection and His coming again.
6. The Holy Spirit - We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to to live a godly life.
7. The Resurrection - We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
8. The Church - We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ, and we are to be knit together in love as the symbol of our discipleship.